Doing Our Bit…
As one of the longest established and busiest office supplies and printing companies in London, Total Office takes its environmental responsibilities very seriously. We are dedicated to reducing our impact on the environment by working hard with our clients and suppliers to reduce our carbon footprint.
Total Office is proud to have achieved the world standard for environmental management, ISO14001, and we're certified independently by UKAS who are the national accreditation body of the UK. We keep an up to date register of environmental impacts and are always looking at new ways to reduce them:
- Conserving energy and resources to minimise pollution
- Procuring recycled, reduced content or re-useable products wherever possible and promoting office products utilising sustainably sourced materials
- As an FSC® supplier you can buy paper products from us with a clear conscience whenever you see the FSC logo. Our FSC certification provides a credible link between responsible production, consumption and recycling of forest products, enabling consumers and businesses to easily identify responsibly sourced products.
- We are also helping to do our bit a lot closer to home by supporting leading charity Trees for Cities, an independent charity, which inspires people to plant trees in cities worldwide.
- Reducing the use of packaging by offering our re-usable crate scheme
- Wherever possible we try to source recyclable packaging materials, re-using and recycling as much packaging as possible.
- Over 80% of our vehicles are less than 2 years old and meet with either Euro 5 or 6 emission regulations. Our vehicles are also fitted with tracking software to optimise route efficiency and reduce emissions.
Doing Your Bit…
We also work closely with our customers to help make their office’s greener and a more sustainable place to work:
- We can source the majority of items you find in an office – that’s why we’re called Total Office. Our team will work with you to identify other areas where we can provide a service, turning us into your single source supplier. By using a single supplier you can cut down all associated order, packaging and delivery processing, and of course enjoy a reduction in cost too!
- We can consolidate your regular orders into one weekly delivery, reducing the amount of vehicle trips and in turn cutting carbon emissions.
- We offer Online ordering and proofing – quick, easy and paperless.
- We will advise you on switching to products with environmental credentials. Our team can help find environmentally friendly alternatives to your current items
- You can take part in our ‘close the loop’ supply and recycling service. We will collect all of your waste paper, cardboard, toners and batteries when we deliver your goods. We can also help keep your recycling safely segregated with our range of recycling bins.
- Look for greener print. A member of our print team can advise you of the greenest methods of production for your printed material, whether it be recycled paper, vegetable based inks or biodegradable laminates.
Together, achieving a greener environment is Totally Possible.